miércoles, 4 de agosto de 2010

Lord Almighty, Feel My Temperature Rising.

So my dad recently celebrated his birthday. And in celebration, my brother bought him the ultimate gift.
Yes, that's right. An Elvis bluray. You should have seen his face. It was priceless. His admiration for him is so obvious. He told me that the famous ring that I grew up with that had his initials ALG, was modeled after the one The King had.

Trust me, the picture doesn't do it justice. It is more ridiculously awesome in person. I will wear it everyday once its mine.

The film takes place during the 70's when he was falling more and more into depression so his weight is increasing as well as his extravagance.


Seeing all these ridiculous jumpsuits being sported in such a way that they actually looked good made me want to get a jacket similar to his. Of course they all end up look like last years military style jacket. I love the trend but it's to Sgt. Pepper/Michael Jackson so I want something with lots of stars and perhaps a cape.

Of course I looked on many websites and none are selling items like Elvis, they seem to have be in the simple green army jacket, sequins seem to be last season's thing. So the only thing I could similarly find was a jacket in Topshop but with a price way out of my league. It's called the Coin Hessian Jacket and I adore it. It reminds me of a King's server in Abu Dhabi or something. Perhaps I will purchase it later when I have a job. =)


But what I loved most about the movie was the audience.



It's outstanding to me that no matter how euphorically crazed the girls would get at seeing they're idol onstage, would look impeccable. And I mean it, not just simply dressed well no, these girls had amazing hair, shoes and makeup.

So at the moment I am feeling very inspired with the whole sixties/seventies fashion. I hate orange but I love how it looks with red, very retro. I saw a picture of that today with Tucker for Target clothes. I'm suck a sucker for these lines. I am a proud owner of at least one piece of every line in the Target collaborations. I will keep this up forever I promise you that.

So I bid adieu with a preview of Tucker for Target brought to you by shefinds.com


Nia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario